The Mālama Hulē‘ia Steering Committee decided on 4/5/2013 to open a contest and offer a $100 prize for the winning design of a logo for the project. Here are the rules:
1. The logo should reflect any or all of the following Mālama Hulē‘ia project objectives and values:
• The scenic beauty of the Hulē‘ia River and Ha‘upu Mountain Range
• Restoration and preservation of special Hawaiian cultural sites such as the ‘Alekoko Fishpond
• Restoration and protection of the Nawiliwili Bay Watershed, especially the Hulē‘ia River
• Conservation of watershed habitats for endangered endemic wildlife, including the ae‘o, ‘alae ke‘oke‘o, ‘alae‘ula, koloa maoli, nēnē, opae, o‘opu, hihiwai, hapawai and pipiwai.
• Eradication of red mangrove and other alien and invasive wetland plants.
2. The logo design may have no more than four colors, and it should also be capable of being rendered in back and white or a single color.
3. The logo design should be submitted by email as a PDF, JPG or BMP file attachment, email to KaiolaCC@yahoo.com.
4. Each person may submit a maximum of 5 logo designs.
5. The Mālama Hulē‘ia Steering Committee will select the winning design.
6. The winning design will be copyrighted by Mālama Hulē‘ia and Kaiola Canoe Club.
7. Members of the Mālama Hulē‘ia Steering Committee and their families are not eligible to participate.
8. Deadline for submitting Mālama Hulē‘ia logo designs is May 5, 2013.
Questions? Please submit by commenting on this post. Mahalo.